International FIRE Blogs
Early Retirement Now
Early Retirement Now is the journey of a German-come American immigrant who successfully retired in June 2018.
He had a long career in the finance industry which probably helps a lot with working towards FIRE.
The blog is full of a large number of posts covering a period starting in early 2016 and it’s still running well to date.Latest Posts
- Passive income through option writing: Part 7 – Careful when shorting long-dated options!
- A Retirement Tax-Planning Case Study (and Excel Toolkit!) – SWR Series Part 45
- Passive income through option writing: Part 6 – A 2018-2021 backtest with different contract sizes: Guest Post by “Spintwig”
- The Entire Safe Withdrawal Rate Series: Soon to be published on TikTok!
- Principles of Retirement Tax-Planning – SWR Series Part 44
The Jim Collins blog is best known for its Stock Series articles. These are one of the best articles for the budding investor to read if you are completely new to the stock market.
The Stock Series posts answer many questions and clear up many misconceptions about the stock market, indexed funds and active management.
Jim also has a great book called the Simple Path to Wealth available on Amazon Paperback, Kindle and Audible.Latest Posts
The Mad FIentist blog has some great tools for tracking and calculating your progress towards FI.
Although most famous for “The Laboratory”, the Mad FI blog also contains some great articles and podcasts on early retirement philosophies too.Latest Posts
- How to Retire Early With Kids (14 of Them!)
- Early Retirement Extreme – A Systems Approach to Lifestyle Design
- A Better Alternative to Resolutions and Goals
- Military FIRE – The Tax, Investing, and Travel Benefits of Military Service
- 8 Key Lessons from the Ultralearning Experiment (and a Huge Announcement)
Mr. Money Mustache
No International blog list would be complete without Mr Money Moustache who has a FIRE cult-like following with a huge forum of active members.
MMM retired way back in 2005 and has since lead the FIRE movement inspiring others to follow suit.
Full of great FIRE tips, the Mr Money Moustache blog also has great general lifestyle tips promoting the misconception that money alone doesn’t always equal happiness.Latest Posts